NBA Trade Rumors Update: Chris Bosh Playing For Dallas Mavericks Very Possible
The Dallas Mavericks are reportedly setting their sights on Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh when he becomes a free-agent next summer, a source close to situation reported on Thursday.
Aside from keeping Dirk Nowitzki next summer, the Mavericks made it their priority to sign another Dallas native after missing out All-Star point guard Deron Williams in 2012.
- NBA Trade Rumors 2013: NY Knicks Not Interested In Iman Shumpert For Dion Waiters Swap
- NBA Trade Rumors 2013: Cleveland Cavaliers Actively Shopping Dion Waiters; Iman Shumpert, Evan Turner, Luol Deng On Cavs' Radar
- NBA 2014 News: LA Clippers Still Interested In Lamar Odom, Doc Rivers Says
- NBA Trade Rumors 2013 Updates: Despite Derrick Rose's Injury, Chicago Bulls GM Says Team Has No Plans To Trade Luol Deng
- NBA Trade Rumors: Evan Turner Perfect Fit for Chicago Bulls After Latest Derrick Rose Setback
- NBA Trade Rumors 2013 Update: Chicago Bulls Could Trade Luol Deng Before Deadline With Derrick Rose Out For The Season
- NBA Trade Rumors: Rockets Omer Asik Eyed By Mavericks, Trail Blazers
- NBA Trade Rumors 2013 Updates: Houston Rockets, Portland Trail Blazers Talk Omer Asik Trade, Dallas Also in the Mix
"The Dallas Mavericks will have cap space and some star power but league executives expect them to target another Heat free agent, Dallas native Bosh," CBS Sports reported on Wednesday.
Bosh, who was born and raised in Texas, may opt out of his current contract with the Heat and look for his final major paycheck before he enters the twilight years of his basketball career.
Bosh's Value Next Summer
In a very loaded free agency class next year, the 29-year-old Bosh is expected to draw interests from several contenders and up-and-coming ball clubs, one of which are the Mavs.
The Mavericks, who signed explosive scorer Monta Ellis this summer, could add another star to give Nowitzki another crack at the championship and lay the foundation for the future after the German's retirement. .
Bosh averaged at least 18 points, 7 rebounds and 1 block as the third wheel superstar behind LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in the Heat's vaunted triumvirate, helping the squad reach the Finals three straight times and win two NBA titles. However, the 29-year old Bosh can lead a playoff contender as proven during his tenure with the Toronto Raptors.
With Nowitzki's era coming to a close, Bosh would automatically inherit the status as the franchise player of the multimillion ballclub owned by internet mogul Mark Cuban, who has been a supportive owner since buying the team in 2000.
Bosh is only one of a number of A-list free agents likely to be available next summer. Bosh's Miami teammates James and Wade, and perennial All-Star Carmelo Anthony could also test the free agency market in 2014.