Warren Buffett Earned $37 Million a Day in 2013
While many Americans got excited over the thought of winning the $636 million Mega Millions jackpot earlier this week, that type of fortunate would still be incomparable to the wealth that Warren Buffet acquired each day in 2013.
According to one study, the Berkshire Hathaway boss earned $37 million every day for the entire year, making him the top earning billionaire in the U.S.
At the start of the year, Buffet began with $46.4 billion, however his net worth shot up by $12.7 billion to $59.1 billion until Dec. 11, according to Wealth-X, the wealth research firm, reports MSN. That equates to a paper gain of $1.5 million an hour.
However, despite Buffett's massive yearly earning, Microsoft founder and Buffett bridge partner Bill Gates still holds the title as the richest man in America. He added $11.5 billion to his $72.6 billion this year alone, making him the second top earning billionaire and the world's wealthiest person. In third place is Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson who added $11.4 billion to $35.3 billion net worth, report the NY Post.
Buffet benefitted from a bull market as his gains were fueled almost entirely by rising stock prices. As a result, that boosted the value of company shares held by founders and corporate chiefs. Plus, the wealth was spread throughout all industries, rather than industry-specific gains in tech, energy or other sectors.
See the full list below.
Top billionaire gainers in 2013
1. Warren Buffett-$12.7 billion gain to $59.1 billion
2. Bill Gates-$11.5 billion gain to $72.6 billion
3. Sheldon Adelson-$11.4 billion gain to $35.3 billion
4. Jeff Bezos-$11.3 billion gain to $34.4 billion
5. Mark Zuckerberg-$10.5 billion gain to $24.7 billion
6. Masayoshi Son-$10.3 billion gain to $19.1 billion
7. Sergey Brin-$9.3 billion gain to $30 billion
8. Larry Page-$9.3 billion gain to $29.9 billion
9. Lui Chee Woo-$8.3 billion gain to $19.6 billion
10. Carl Icahn-$7.2 billion gain to $22.1 billion