Top 5 PS4 and Xbox One Exclusive Games Coming in 2014
With 2014 almost here, many fans are eager to see what sort of games Sony and Microsoft will be releasing on to their new next gen platforms, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Especially important to gamers is seeing what exclusive games will be coming to the new systems, as these games could sway public opinion on the consoles and convince gamers to pick one over the other when they are more widely available. To highlight the upcoming 2014 exclusive games, here are the top five games in the category for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- South Park: the Stick of Truth News: Game Faces Censorship in Australia, Replaces Controversial Material With Koala
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes News: Finding Collectibles Hidden Within Game
- Man Arrested After Breaking Baby's Leg for Interupting his Video Game Session
- Metal Gear Solid 5 News: Game Creator Explains if PS4, Xbox One Version is Better Than PS3, Xbox 360 Version
- Wii U News: Nintendo, Showing Lack of Confidence in Consumers, Reminds People That Console is not an Accessory [Video]
- NES Remix News: Gameplay Tips for Beating Levels and Getting Rainbow Stars
- Top 5 Most Anticipated Games of 2014 for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, and PC
- Top 5 Most Disappointing Video Game Moments of 2013
- PS4 News: Sony Will be "Supply-Challenged" for 2013, When Will Console be Available?
- Assassin's Creed News: Multiple Titles in Series Coming in 2014, Ubisoft Declares
5. Infamous: Second Son (PlayStation 4)- This game seeks to take the franchise to a new level, as the new console hardware will allow the game to have an even bigger and better open world and even more insane superpowers for users to play around in. Throw in a more charismatic protagonist and the game could be a crown jewel in the PlayStation 4 launch window lineup when it is released March 21.
4. Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (Xbox One)- While this game is also being released on the Xbox 360 and PC, the Xbox One version of the game is the definitive one for fans due to the inclusion of offline co-op and Boss Mode. The game seeks to mix Plants vs. Zombies with online shooters, and the game looks to be the sleeper hit of 2014.
3. Uncharted 4 (PlayStation 4)- While Naughty Dog has only confirmed that they are working on an Uncharted game, without saying it will be the fourth game in the series, it is enough to earn the game a place on this list. Considering that the Uncharted games on the PlayStation 4 set a new standard for cinematic gameplay when they were released, having the series come to the PlayStation 4 and do the same thing seems to be a given for the new year.
2. Titanfall (Xbox One)- This game, due in March, seeks to merge single player story telling with multiplayer online gameplay, and so far the game looks to have done that perfectly. If Titanfall is able to do everything that it has promised to do, it could lead to industry staples like Call of Duty completely changing their formula and risk becoming outdated. But besides all that, the game will allow users to fight it out on massive maps with different mech warriors as well as on foot, which could be worth the price of admission all by itself.
1. Halo 5 (Xbox One)- The Halo series was confirmed to be getting a new game in 2014 for the Xbox One, but Microsoft did not reveal if the game is indeed Halo 5. Nonetheless, the series gets a pass for this, as any sort of new Halo title is enough to cause gamers to sit up and take notice. While many people will be watching this game closely to see how it compares to Destiny, the new game from former Halo developers Bungie, there is no reason to doubt that the new Halo game will continue the franchise's stellar record.