NBA Trade Rumors 2014 Update: Memphis Grizzlies Shopping For Wingmen, Plan To Keep Zach Randolph
- Paul John Rivera
- Dec 27, 2013 12:52 PM EST
After three straight promising seasons, the Memphis Grizzlies are in danger of missing the playoffs this season based on their performance in the first two months of the season.
The Grizzlies, who reached the Western Conference Finals last season, are currently 12th in the West standings with their 12-16 record. Looking to improve their chances of making a return trip to the playoffs, the Grizzlies are reportedly looking to shakeup their roster.
- NBA Trade Rumors: Charlotte Bobcats Looking To Trade For Orlando Magic's Arron Afflalo
- NBA Trade Rumors: Boston Celtics Eyeing Jimmer Fredette of Sacramento Kings
- Knicks News and Rumors: Top 5 New York Knicks That Need to Step Up To Turn Their NBA Season Around
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014 Update: New York Knicks Planning To Pursue Boston Celtics’ Rajon Rondo
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014 Update: Brooklyn Nets' Paul Pierce For Zach Randolph Trade Still Possible
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014: Los Angeles Clippers To Target Carmelo Anthony Before Trade Deadline Or Next Summer; Blake Griffin Trade Considered?
- NBA Trade News: Rajon Rondo To Indiana Pacers Rumors Gaining Momentum
- NBA Trade Rumors: Jeremy Lin Could Thrive On These NBA Teams If Traded by Houston Rockets
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014 News: Miami Heat Sets Sights on Philadelphia 76ers’ Evan Turner via Trade
- Houston Rockets vs Dallas Mavericks: Jeremy Lin Returns to NBA Action; Online Stream, TV Schedule
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014 : Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik Offered by Houston Rockets For Brooklyn Nets’ Deron Williams
- Lakers News and Rumors: Top 5 Players the Lakers can Target for the 2014 NBA Trade Deadline (Video)
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014 Update: Houston Rockets, Boston Celtics Close To Deal For Omer Asik, But 76ers Still In Play
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014 Update: Memphis Grizzlies Could Trade Zach Randolph to Brooklyn Nets for Paul Pierce
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014: Jeremy Lin Could Be Packaged With Omer Asik; Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls Likely Landing Spots
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014 Update: Brooklyn Nets Have No Plans To Trade After Brook Lopez's Season-Ending Injury
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014 News: Thaddeus Young Denies Asking Philadelphia 76ers For Trade
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014 Update: Chicago Bulls Will Not Trade Luol Deng, But Veteran Says He Is Ready To Be Dealt
- NBA Free Agents 2014 Update: Top 10 NBA Free Agents That Could Make Teams NBA Champions in 2014 [Video]
Injuries slowed down the Grizzlies this season as key player Mike Conley, Tony Allen, and Tayshaun Prince missed several games due to injuries.
Star center Marc Gasol is expected to remain on the sideline until mid-to-late January after sustaining a knee injury, while Quincy Pondexter could be out for the remainder of the season after sustaining a stress fracture in his foot.
CBS Sports reported that the Grizzlies are actively shopping for wingmen due to the injury bug that hit the team this season.
Recent rumors suggested that the Grizzlies talked to the Los Angeles Lakers about a potential trade that would send Jerryd Bayless to LA in exchange for sweet-shooting guard Jody Meeks, but no deal was reached.
Zach Randolph's name has also been floated in trade talks. Recent rumors suggested that the Grizzlies offered the All-Star power forward to the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for Ryan Anderson, but the Pelicans turned down the offer.
Randolph, who is averaging 16.8 points and 10.1 rebounds per game this season, was also linked to the Brooklyn Nets in a trade that would send veteran forward Paul Pierce to Memphis, but the Grizzlies have reportedly change their stance on the situation of the veteran power forward.
According to sources, the Grizzlies are planning to keep Randolph unless the 32-year-old asks for a trade. The Grizzlies will pull the plug on a trade, despite knowing that they could lose Randolph for nothing after the season.
The 13-year-veteran, who is playing in his fifth season in Memphis, could opt out of the final year of his contract. Reports suggested that Randolph is leaning towards opting out after the season and will try to get another multi-year contract from the Grizzlies or other interested teams next summer.