WWE Monday Night Raw Spoilers, Preview for Jan. 06, 2013: Big Show, Brock Lesnar at Royal Rumble, Randy Orton, CM Punk & More
- Ed Molina
- Jan 13, 2014 01:24 PM EST
The WWE's 2014 Royal Rumble is just a couple of weeks away and the WWE Universe awaits with anticipation as to who will participate in the 30-Man Over-the-Top Rope Rumble, with the winner earning a world title match at Wrestlemania XXX. Former champions and previous Royal Rumble winners, Batista and Alberto Del Rio, are set to go for the pay-per-view but who else will join them at Royal Rumble and earn a shot to headline Wrestlemania?
- WWE News & Notes 2014: Possible Role for Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 30, IC & US Title Unification Discussed, Kaitlyn Released, More
- Back9Network Looks to Put the 'Fun' in Golf Coverage With a "New Attitude"
- WWE Smackdown Spoilers & Results for Jan. 10, 2014: The Shield vs CM Punk & The New Age Outlaws, Randy Orton Prepares for Royal Rumble 2014
- WWE Raw Recap, Spoilers for Jan. 6, 2014: Brock Lesnar, Big Show Clash, Jake "The Snake" Roberts Returns, and Batista vs Alberto Del Rio?
- WWE Monday Night Raw Spoilers, Preview for Jan. 06, 2013: "Old-School" Raw, Royal Rumble Match Between John Cena & Randy Orton Weeks Away
- WWE News & Notes 2014: Brock Lesnar Returns, Potential Wrestlemania XXX Plans for Hulk Hogan, Triple H, & John Cena, More
- WWE Smackdown Spoilers, Results for Jan. 03, 2014: Big E Langston Challenges Brock Lesnar After Making his Presence Felt on "Monday Night Raw"
- WWE Monday Night Raw Preview for Dec. 30, 2013: Randy Orton Celebrates 2013, But Who Will Face WWE Champion at Royal Rumble 2014?
Speaking of the Royal Rumble, Brock Lesnar has returned to the WWE and challenged the winner of the John Cena - Randy Orton WWE World Heavyweight Championship match to a title bout. Lesnar made an example of Mark Henry, not once but twice, decimating "The World's Strongest Man" - first layign out Henry with his F5 finisher outside the ring two weeks ago, then linjuring Henry's arm with a Kimura arm-lock. The Big Show came to Henry's rescue and showed Lesnar he can match him in strength, tossing "The Beast" across the ring on Monday Night Raw. The Big Show later challenged Lesnar, during a MizTV segment on Friday Night Smackdown, to a match at the Royal Rumble but will the former MMA champion take The Big Show up on his challenge?
WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton has other worries on his mind beside Lesnar, upset Smackdown General Manager Vickie Guerrero scheduled him to match against Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston on Friday Night Smackdown. Angry that Guerrero did not consult him prior to scheduling the match, Orton vowed to take this up with The Authority on Monday Night Raw, having already shown his displeasure at what he sees as a lack of support by management for "the face of the company." How will Triple H and Stephanie McMahon react to The Viper's anger against The Authority?
The Authority might also want to keep an eye on the fractures within The Shield, as CM Punk's war against "The Hounds of Justice" has created dissension among their ranks, after Seth Rollins and United States champion failed to beat Punk, while Roman Reigns holds a win over "the best in the world." Will The Shield show a unified front or will they continue to let Punk play his psychological games against The Shield?
Bray Wyatt got his wish and finally "convinced" Daniel Bryan to join his clan, but the partnership had a rocky start last week, after The Wyatts lost a Six Man Tag Team match to The Usos and Rey Mysterio. With Bryan was adamant that, as a former WWE Champion and Tag Team Champion, he can help The Wyatts if they listen to him, Bray Wyatt took him up on the offer and will team with Bryan against The Usos on this week's Monday Night Raw edition, to see if Bryan is all talk, or can back up that talk with action. How far will Bryan go to prove to Bray Wyatt that he is all-in with the creepy clan?
WWE Monday Night Raw airs at 8 p.m. EST Monday on the USA Network.