Dead Rising 3 News: Mysterious 13GB Update Before DLC Release Date
The new update for Dead Rising 3 is available now and the giant update may have something to do with the release of the game's first DLC pack, "Operation Broken Eagle."
- Diablo 3 News: Reaper of Souls Expansion Pre-Download Available Now Before Release Date
- GTA 5 News: PC Release Date Coming Soon?
- Super Smash Bros. 4 News: Single-Player Mode Revealed Before Release Date?
- Oculus Rift News: Valve Will Support Games Using Headset After Release Date
- Telltale's The Walking Dead Game Used in High School Ethics Class [Video]
- Nintendo Cuts Sale Goals for Wii U and 3DS, Causing Stock Prices to Drop for Company
- DICE Awards News: The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, and GTA 5 Lead Video Game Award Show
- PS4 News: HBO Go App Coming to Console, Will Require Subscription
- Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare News: Release Date Delayed for Game [Trailer]
This new content is set to be released on Jan. 21, and the new update may contain some of the files needed for the DLC along with a compatibility patch to ensure that the new in-game content found in the DLC works smoothly within the main portion of the game. Capcom has not stated what the 13GB of data will be used for, so only time will tell why users must download this huge update in order to keep playing Dead Rising 3 online. Even more interesting: Gamespot reports that this giant update does not add 13 GB to the installed size of the game.
In any case, if you want to keep playing Dead Rising 3 online, you must spend a large amount of time downloading this new data, and if you have a slow connection speed this 13 GB could take hours to download. With no added content for Dead Rising 3 and no reason provided by Capcom for the update, many fans may get angry over this mandatory new update.
Dead Rising 3 has been one of the most successful Xbox One-exclusive launch titles, and the game has received huge amounts of critical praise for its open world and non-linear story. The game was adored by critics, who called it one of the best—if not the best—exclusive game for the launch of the next-gen consoles. The game allows users to explore a city overrun by zombies in any fashion they choose, and the game's trademark emphasis on crafting unique weapons lends itself well to this new open world. In addition, users can choose to tackle missions whenever they wish, and certain missions can only be discovered by exploring the world of the game.
Look out for more news right here about Dead Rising 3 as the game's first DLC is launched and the purpose of the 13GB update is revealed.