WWE Smackdown Spoilers, Results, & News for Jan. 31, 2014: Elimination Chamber Main Event Set, CM Punk Officially Quits
- Sign up to receive the lastest news from LATINOPOST
Courtesy of WrestlingInc.com:
The show opens up with The Shield addressing Monday Night Raw, with "The Hounds of Justice" angry they will not be a part of the Elimination Chamber main event.
- WWE Monday Night Raw Spoilers, Preview for Jan. 27, 2014: Batista Rolls Into Wrestlemania 30 After Royal Rumble 2014 Win
- WWE Royal Rumble 2013 PPV Live Stream, Schedule, Predictions, Match Card and How to Watch: John Cena vs Randy Orton for the Title, Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan, Batista in the Rumble
- WWE Smackdown Spoilers & Results for Jan. 24, 2014: Daniel Bryan Cleared to Compete at Royal Rumble, Chaos On Smackdown
- WWE News & Notes 2014: Injured Daniel Bryan May Miss Royal Rumble, Hulk Hogan Makes Verbal Agreement With WWE, More
- MLB Trade Rumors: New York Yankees Want to Sign Ervin Santana; Los Angeles Dodgers, Toronto Blue Jays Also in the Mix
- Tennis News: Roger Federer Still Better Than Rafael Nadal
- Lakers News: Magic Johnson Disappointed With Mike D'Antoni's Coaching
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014: New York Knicks Still Have Strong Interest in Trading for Rajon Rondo Before Deadline
- NFL Trade Rumors 2014: New England Patriots to Trade for Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald?
- NBA Free Agents 2014: Lance Stephenson's Dad Believes Son Will Stay With Indiana Pacers
- Shane Mosley On His Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Comparison: Media Turning My Quotes Around
- Ruslan Provodnikov: Juan Manuel Marquez Is Afraid of Me if He Doesn't Agree to Fight Me
- NBA Trade Rumors 2014: Are Rockets Trading Jeremy Lin, Francisco Garcia for Raptors Kyle Lowry?
- Super Bowl 2014: NFL Predicts Huge Economic Windfall for NY/NJ, but Economists Cast Doubt on League's Figures
- 2014 Super Bowl Ads: The Worst Commercials by Foreign Companies [Videos]
- 2014 Super Bowl Commercials: Best Foreign Super Bowl Ads [Videos]
United States Champion Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns argued over Reigns' record-setting performance at the Royal Rumble, including eliminating the two other members of the unit. Seth Rollins calms them both down before reminding them that it was The Wyatts' fault they are not in the upcoming pay-per-view's title match. WWE COO Triple H comes out and tells The Shield to just let it go since there is nothing to be gained by being angry about the situation. Reigns tells Triple H that he does not need his approval and the WWE exec announces The Wyatts will take on The Shield at Elimination Chamber.
Dolph Ziggler lost out on an opportunity to be in the Elimination Chamber match after losing to The Real Americans' Antonio Cesaro in a qualifier bout, wearing Ziggler down with the Cesaro Swing and finishing him off with The Neutralizer for the pin.
Fandango, with Summer Rae, defeated Xavier Woods, who was accompanied by R-Truth and The Funkadactyls, Naomi and Cameron.
Ryback and Curtis Axel defeated Titus O'Neil and Darren Young in a tag team match. During the match, O'Neil refused to break up a pin when Young was in trouble and walked out on his tag team partner. When Young talked with O'Neil, telling him they were like brothers, O'Neil said he was tired of losing and carrying dead weight, attacking Young in the process to get his point across and complete the heel turn.
Christian, back after rehabbing an injury, defeated Jack Swagger to take the final slot in the Elimination Chamber title match, taking Swagger out with a Frogsplash off the top rope. After the match, Zeb Colter, who was doing commentary, berated Swagger, just days after slapping him in the middle of match on Monday Night Raw.
Kofi Kingston beat Damien Sandow after hitting him with the S.O.S. for the pinfall win.
Cody Rhodes defeated "Road Dogg" Jesse James - one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions New Age Outlaws - after hitting him with the Disaster Kick. During the match, Goldust and Billy Gunn fought outside the ring, with Rhodes and Goldust taking a measure of revenge on the team that took their titles.
The Shield defeated Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, and Rey Mysterio, with Reigns catching Mysterio with a Spear to earn the victory. Prior to the match, The Wyatts cut a promo with Luke Harper speaking his mind on their upcoming match against The Shield.
In other WWE news, it appears that CM Punk has left the company after a meeting with WWE's creative team early in the week. According to PWInsider.com, Punk was scheduled to face Antonio Cesaro in an Elimination Chamber qualifier match, with Kane interfering, preventing Punk from winning the match. Punk, who was not at Monday Night Raw or Friday Night Smackdown taping, informed the company that he was going home and not coming back.
The WWE has pulled back all advertising featuring CM Punk, has pulled his "Best in the World" documentary from Netflix streaming, and even stopped following his Twitter account.
ProWrestling.net reports CM Punk did a Q&A at the Portland, OR Comic Con convention and was very frank about his displeasure with the direction of his role with the company. He was also critical of Batista's return - having made similar comments about other stars coming back on a part-time basis such as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Brock Lesnar, who have taken main event slots from others who are working on a full-time basis.
"I show up. Someone tells me what to do and I just go out do it and leave," said Punk to the Portland crowd.
Punk had also talked with The MMA Hours' Ariel Helwani, discussing a wide-range of subjects including his career, the UFC, Brock Lesnar, and Ronda Rousey, that he was tired of the long travel schedule and workload (Punk went 50-minutes at the Royal Rumble), and only taking time off for injuries, even noting the he was not sure he would re-sign with the company, with six months left in his deal, saying, "I don't know. It's all up in the air," when asked about his contract situation.
- Sign up to receive the lastest news from LATINOPOST