Xbox Games With Gold Free Games for Feb. 2014 Revealed by Microsoft
Microsoft has announced which two free games Xbox Live Gold subscribers will be able to download and play for free during the month of February, with both titles being critically acclaimed games released in the year 2011. Those two games are Dead Island and Toy Soldiers: Cold War according to IGN.
- Rust News: Game Sells 750,000 Copies, Outselling DayZ
- Killer Instinct News: Xbox One Game Punishes Cheaters by Locking Them in Jail
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition Free on Nintendo 3DS Until Feb. 2
- iOS News: 2K Games Discount 6 Games for iPhone and iPad for Chinese New Year
- Xbox One News: Cheaper Version of Console Rumored for 2014; Can it Match PS4 Price?
- GTA 5 PC News: Pre-Orders Available From Elgiganten
- Super Smash Bros. 4 News: New Character Added to Roster Before Release Date
- Lightning Returns Final Fantasy 13 News: Gameplay Questions Answered by Square Enix [Trailer]
- PlayStation Plus News: 6 Free Games for PS4, PS3, and Vita for February
- Battlefield 4 News: Weapons Balance Patch Preview; No Release Date
Dead Island will be the first game available to users, and Xbox 360 owners can download the game for free anytime between Feb. 1 and Feb. 15. This game, which managed to sell 5 million copies and spawned a sequel, Dead Island: Riptide in April 2013, will free to download in these two weeks and after that players will be able to enjoy the game for as long as they want. Dead Island is a multiplayer focused game where up to four players can explore a tropical setting infested by zombies. Players can partake in story missions, complete sidequests, or explore the island freely. The game is known for having many different glitches and can be incredibly hard to play solo, but those looking for a fun time with friends should download the game and give it a playthrough. Dead Island is usually priced at $19.99 on the Xbox Live Arcade.
Starting on Feb. 16 and lasting throughout the rest of the month Toy Soldiers: Cold War will be available for users to download for free as well. This download-only title is a sequel to the original Toy Soldiers, and was very well received when it originally was released. Players will get the chance to play as an action figure and defend their base from enemies using a variety of different weapons along. Besides using traditional tower defense strategies players can also jump into the action and attack enemies themselves using the playable action figure character. Drawing heavily on 80's era toys and pop culture, this game is a treat to play and is well worth playing. The game is usually $14.99 when not part of Games with Gold program.
Both these games are a treat to Xbox 360 owners, but Xbox One owners will have to wait until they begin to benefit from the Games with Gold program. Microsoft has stated in the past that at some point in 2014 they would bring the service to the Xbox One, but so far the company has not committed to a date for when next gen console owners can expect the chance to download their own free games.