WWE Raw Spoilers, Preview for Feb. 17, 2014: Randy Orton Battles Sheamus With Elimination Chamber Days Away
- Ed Molina
- Feb 17, 2014 01:26 PM EST
Six days away from the Elimination Chamber PPV, WWE Raw has a high-octane card filled with blockbuster matches.
Batista's place in Wrestlemania 30 is already set after his victory at the Royal Rumble, but "The Animal" will be busy at Elimination Chamber taking care of business against Alberto Del Rio, who has been very vocal about his displeasure with Batista after he eliminated Del Rio from the Royal Rumble, preventing him from headlining Wrestlemania XXX.
- WWE Smackdown Spoilers, Results for Feb. 14, 2014: Randy Orton Faces Elimination Chamber Foe Cesaro, The Shield Clash With Wyatts
- WWE News & Notes 2014: Potential Wrestlemania 30 Matches in Aftermath of CM Punk Departure, Sting WWE Update
- WWE Smackdown Spoilers, Results for Feb. 07, 2014: Randy Orton Faces Christian Prior to Elimination Chamber
- WWE Raw Results for Feb. 3: Champion Randy Orton Faces Daniel Bryan One-on-One
- WWE News & Notes 2014: CM Punk Update, UFC's Dana White Responds to Alistair Overeem's Challenging Brock Lesnar
- WWE Raw Preview for Feb. 03, 2014: Batista, Daniel Bryan Continue Title Quest, The Shield War With Wyatts, More
- WWE Monday Night Raw Spoilers, Preview for Jan. 27, 2014: Batista Rolls Into Wrestlemania 30 After Royal Rumble 2014 Win
- WWE Royal Rumble 2013 PPV Live Stream, Schedule, Predictions, Match Card and How to Watch: John Cena vs Randy Orton for the Title, Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan, Batista in the Rumble
Del Rio paid a price last Monday Night Raw after defeating Dolph Ziggler while attempting to injure him after their match, in an attempt to send a message to Batista. While clamping the Cross Armbreaker on Ziggler after Superkicking his opponent for the pin, Batista made the save, putting Del Rio through the announcers table with a Batista Bomb. Will Del Rio retaliate after getting embarrassed by Batista once again with their match right around the corner? Or will Batista thwart Del Rio yet again?
Jack Swagger has been trying to keep pace with Cesaro since his Real American tag team partner won a slot in the Elimination Chamber main event, and his manager Zeb Colter putting pressure on the former All-American to step his game up. Last week, Swagger earned a title shot at Big E's Intercontinental title at this Sunday's pay-per-view, defeating Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio, and Mark Henry in a Fatal Fourway match to determine the number one contender for the Intercontinental Championship, putting the Real Americans in a good position to win multiple titles for Colter. Will Swagger continuing stepping up for his team as the Real Americans prepare for their biggest career challenges?
Speaking of championship aspirations, The Usos have been on a roll, having recently defeated the tag team of Ryback and Curtis Axel on Monday Night Raw last week, and later pinning "Road Dogg" Jesse James of the WWE Tag Team Champion New Age Outlaws in an Eight-Man Tag Team match on Friday Night Smackdown. The New Age Outlaws - the six-time champions - have been rather dismissive of the young siblings, refusing to see them as serious competition for their titles, as Elimination Chamber quickly approaches. What will the Usos do to get the attention of the champions as they continue chasing their championship dreams?
Daniel Bryan continues making waves for The Authority, attacking Kane last week on Raw after weeks of his former tag team partner interfering in his matches, nailing the WWE Director of Operations with a Flying Knee that sent the Big Red Monster reeling over the barricade. With Bryan preparing for his title match at the Elimination Chamber main event, Corporate Kane is not likely to take the latest attack against him lying down, but will the WWE exec tap into his inner demon to finish business with his former partner?
WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton has been in a bit of a rut of late, after WWE COO Triple H ordered the champion to prepare for his Elimination Chamber main event by facing all his opponents - Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Sheamus, Christian, and Cesaro - in singles non-title matches, leading up to the pay-per-view. "The Viper" has not fared well, going 1-3, with Orton set to face his final challenge before Sunday's main event, Sheamus, this week on Raw. "The Apex Predator" needs to make a good impression after losing to Cesaro on Friday Night Smackdown, with The Authority losing patience with their whiney champion and the odds stacked against him in the Elimination Chamber Cage match. Will Orton rebound against the Celtic Warrior or will he falter yet again this week?
WWE Monday Night Raw airs at 8 p.m. EST Monday on the USA Network.